The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/oh-dear-oh-dear-xraymed-what-is-the-stumbling-23190574.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT: Career crisis Date:  10/20/2005  2:14 PM
Author:  rosietomato Number:  212903 of 308369

Oh dear, oh dear xraymed! What is the stumbling block in doing the EMR? I feel like I'm part of the problem (as opposed to solution) as I've been trying to work with military MDs to push so that they capture everything electronically so that we can better understand, statistically, war injuries. Transcribing records from the docs written notes to electronic format is so terribly expensive that it becomes a huge pit in which potientially valuable (collective) information is lost because there is no money to put it into electronic format.

In theory, EMR is suppose to be simpler. What is making it not so? EMR is the future. Medical data will be put on medical dog tags to speed up the ability to help patients better and more effectively.

You sound like you need a breather, a break. I'm sorry that the only thing that I can offer you is a

{{{{{{{{{{{{hug}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us