The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Books & Writing / Ayn Rand

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/tngirl-harry-binswanger-is-great-i-love-his-23247396.aspx

Subject:  Re: Philosophy as Primary Date:  11/2/2005  5:26 PM
Author:  AOLFoolman100 Number:  517 of 537

tngirl,

Harry Binswanger is great. I love his writings. Since Peikoff is getting up there in age, Harry appears to be the next person in line as Rand's "intellectual heir". Not sure if it's true or not....haven't really been keeping up with the latest hierarchical wranglings in the Objectivist world.

I am fortunate to have attended a couple of his presentations in person. Once over 10 years ago in Texas back when I was really into the philosophy, and more recently in NYC (Greenwich Village) in a smaller and more intimate gathering. He's an engaging speaker, although not necessarily the most polished in terms of energy and fluency of words. But what he lacks in style, he more than makes up for in content and the rigorousness with which he logically dissects and presents any particular topic.

He's also very approachable and a nice guy too. He doesn't have the standoffishness that alot of intellectuals seem to convey.
Copyright 1996-2017 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us