The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Automotive / Road Rage

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thanks-for-the-helpful-reply-colovion-i-guess-i-23258766.aspx

Subject:  Re: Speeding ticket Date:  11/4/2005  6:01 PM
Author:  XMFClick Number:  188 of 207

Thanks for the helpful reply, Colovion. I guess I was also asking whether the ticket could be sent to the rental company, and it sounds like that wouldn't happen. Anyhoo, I think I'll pay the ticket, even though I probably won't go back to NH any time in the next decade (there's a lot more of the States to see, don't really need to go to the same part twice).

Side comment: In Blair's Britain they are removing all kinds of civil liberties and introducing new restrictions all the time, and it wouldn't surprise me if, in a couple of years, they agreed to exchange data with all kinds of law enforcement bodies all over the world. Could wake up in the middle of the night to find PC Plod with an arrest warrant, banging on the door!

Side rant: Watch out America -- members of the newly-created European Police Force have immunity from prosecution FOR LIFE for ANY crime or misdemeanour committed whilst a member of the Force. How long before GWB decides it would be a good idea to extend the same courtesy to the Feds, CIA etc.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us