The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Withdrawal of Funds -- IRA/Roth/General Date:  11/9/2005  10:57 AM
Author:  foolazis Number:  48139 of 88533

When do (or did) you turn 70 1/2? Remember that you must begin taking the required minimum distributions from your traditional IRA no later than April 1 of the year after the year you turn 70 1/2. You have no choice about this, or it will cost you a stiff penalty. You may not be able to avoid being pushed into the higher bracket.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us