The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / FIRE Wannabees

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/now-all-plans-are-on-hold-hey-mazske-you-say-23356477.aspx

Subject:  Re: FIRE Plans on hold Date:  11/29/2005  9:13 AM
Author:  Savagegrace Number:  3600 of 5069

Now, all plans are on hold.

Hey Mazske,

You say your plans are on hold, but do you realize how much work there is to do that is arbitrary to the financial aspect?

What has not come about on the RE board is the Philosophy of RE.

There is of course the philosophy of “save as much as you can” and “don't play the stay ahead of the Neighbor game”. But these are external and will do nothing for you if you haven't covered the internal.

What I'm talking about is the mental and physical aspects required for the true RE person.

It's not just about the money, it's about taking responsibility fully, not a half ass mind game of “We're better because we have taken responsibility for our finances”. Well, big deal, I'm not impressed. That's only part of the picture, a mere fragment.

As this is your board, I'd like permission to dump a few ideas and concepts on everyone. These will include how we think (Methodologies)(and don't think, which I will prove), health aspects for RE's, possible thoughts on 2nd income streams for people who perceive themselves to be locked in.

So? Are you ready for the second renaissance of RE?

Your Humble Servant,

Gracefully Savage

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us