The Motley Fool Discussion Boards
Investing/Strategies / Bonds & Fixed Income Investments
|Subject: Re: Limited Partnership ARLP||Date: 12/1/2005 9:13 PM|
|Author: alchemist5||Number: 14405 of 35442|
Sorry brewer1234, this is still as clear as mud to me! Can we take it one step at a time?
1. Who is actually mining the coal? ARLP? Or another company? And if it is ARLP, what is the difference between a LP and a "normal" stock coal mine company?
2. Just what is a general partner? You say that this is who actually manages the business day to day. So is this the mining company?
3. Why would AHGP own ARLP stock?
4. What would be the difference in owning AHGP or ARLP? Which is going to pay the big dividend? Which is going to appreciate more?
5. What is a C-corps? And how would that differ from an MLP?
I guess what I could really use is an explanation of what a GP and a LP are, how they interact, and what are the benefits and liabilities of owning either of them.
Thanks for your patience with me. As you can see, I am new to the LP game.
|Copyright 1996-2015 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us|