The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools


Subject:  ROTH IRA Date:  12/8/2005  8:02 PM
Author:  mawhinney Number:  10228 of 20632

A retiree receiving SS takes a short term consulting position & earns $7500, which is the only earned income for the year. Other than the couple's SS payments their only source of income is from dividend distributions. The couple files a joint return. The spouse does not hold a paying position. If the couple meets the income eligibility requirements, can each contribute $4500 to Roth IRAs for 2005?
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us