The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-believe-i-have-all-the-statements-i-will-have-23422265.aspx

Subject:  Re: Another ESPP Basis Question Date:  12/13/2005  3:45 PM
Author:  jeepie91 Number:  81928 of 121114

I believe I have all the statements, I will have to double check I have them all. I took a look at some of them and I think this is a little more complicated than I first thought. It looks like the company was putting money toward shares of stock based on your years of service, but they decided that they would stop that and distribute what they had, So I recieve two shares in certiicate form (which I hope are in our safe deposit box at the bank)in 1988. It looks like I started dividend reinvestment in 1991. So the first several statements are purchases of 0.019, 0.024 shares ect, I didn't start having money taken out of my check until mid 1992. To make things worse there have been two stock splits from then to now.
I guess the first step would be to find the certificates and send them to the plan administrator so I can sell them when I am ready, sound like the correct way to start ?
Thanks again.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us