The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks N / Nabi Biopharmaceuticals

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/some-smokers-will-even-go-all-day-without-having-23447492.aspx

Subject:  Re: Future prospects? Date:  12/19/2005  1:28 PM
Author:  Wolfshead56 Number:  276 of 291

Some smokers will even go all day without having a cigarette.. Imagine .. all day long they are going through withdrawls and they don't even realize it ..

It's true! My mother once went into the afternoon before she realized she hadn't had a cigarette. She tried to see how long she then could go without smoking. 23 years later, she's smoke free. Unfortunately, Nic-Vax wasn't involved.

My family were heavy smokers, I'm the only one who didn't, on a regular basis at least. I did try a pipe for awhile and still have the occassional cigar. My dad had a heart attack while young and tried to give up smoking at least 3 times using all sorts of aids like the gum and other aids. Could never do it. Finally one day my mother and him just went cold turkey. Amazingly they have been without for over 20 years now. Also amazing is that cigarette smoke, rather than make them yearn for a butt, makes them want to retch. My brother followed a few years later, again cold turkey. He still gets a yen now and then tho.

herb
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us