The Motley Fool Discussion Boards
Retirement Discussions / FIRE Wannabees
|Subject: FIRE Update||Date: 1/4/2006 2:20 PM|
|Author: whyohwhyoh||Number: 3625 of 5016|
It's amazing what can change in a year…
1. Net worth up 46% in 2005 versus goal of 26%.
2. Annualized gain in picked stocks (taxed and IRA's) was 18.4% vs S&P500 5.4%. (Go Hidden Gems and BMW Method!)
3. Annualized 401K gain (not including 2005 deposits) was 8.3%.
4. Biggest winners were BBBB, SBUX (bought on dip), CNXS, biggest loser FARO.
5. Large compensation bonuses this year allowed me to quadruple planned savings outside of maxed 401k and Roths, and our company stock price nearly doubled this year for which I am deeply and scarily invested (now over 11% of net worth).
33.5% Picked Stocks
20% 401k Mutual Funds
46% Real Estate
We had our first child this past summer, which of course added a challenge to our budgeting needs…. yet my SAHW has worked very successfully at keeping expenses low. Go craigslist! Buying 90% of his clothes, toys, etc used.
Goal for 2006: Increase net worth by 19%. This will be a tough challenge due to loosing a large chunk of compensation bonuses in 2006, our 3.375% 3/1 ARM expires this summer, and I am taking 6 weeks of semi-paid family leave to travel around Europe with my family.
Good luck to all….
|Copyright 1996-2013 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us|