The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks H / Housevalues, Inc.

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/sorry-about-the-delay-in-replying-to-your-23543698.aspx

Subject:  Re: I saw the ads Date:  1/11/2006  8:57 PM
Author:  Maunga Number:  51 of 120

Sorry about the delay in replying to your question, I have just returned form a summer (southern hemisphere) holiday.

I don't feel qualified to comment on the American real estate industry but I do understand the gist of your statement on sellers and their desires. The same applies in our local market but even though there have been several attempts to set up competing systems that avoid real estate agents and their "high" fees, all have failed to make much of a dent. Most sellers are after "top dollar" and most buyers are looking for a "bargain". Here is where a good agent is a valuable contributor to a successful conclusion. They are able to take the emotion out of the negotiation and draw both parties to a middle position that both can live with. Sounds simple I know but in the end results matter.

I would be interested to hear if you have attempted to sell your own property and how it went.

Regards, Maunga
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us