The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Bonds & Fixed Income Investments

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hi-loki-in-my-view-the-best-way-to-proceed-would-23568460.aspx

Subject:  Re: About FAQ draft Date:  1/17/2006  12:26 PM
Author:  2old4bs Number:  14996 of 35930

Hi Loki,

In my view, the best way to proceed would be for me to suggest changes and have you review them. I have copied each of the parts into Word documents. This enables me to highlight deletions in square bracketed red font, and place additions/substitutions in blue font. After I've completed each part, I'd like to email the Word document to you for review. If you OK, I can just delete the red font entries while leaving the blue.

Is this OK with you? If not, could you suggest a better way to do it via the boards?

I have started on Part 1. Some of the changes are stylistic--wherein I've tried to reduce extraneous words. I include the part I've worked on below, just so you can see what it looks like without the highlighting. Perhaps I could also italicize the suggested deletions. I think it's a little difficult to actually see the changes like this--let me know what you think:

################################################################################
Bonds and “Fixed” Income Investing: Introduction
################################################################################

What Are Bonds?

----Bonds are “debt securities” (IOUs) issued by governme