The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Loss of Job Date:  1/28/2006  2:21 AM
Author:  catscanner Number:  83116 of 127549

Some years it was cheaper for me to pay the taxes on the kid's returns then to claim the funds on mine. If my refund is reduced, for example, by $1000 if I claim thier income, and if I don't claim thier income and pay thier tax of say $500, I essentially save $500. (random numbers, just a point being made.)

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us