The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Foolish 401(k)s


Subject:  Re: tax deferred money in 401k Date:  2/10/2006  2:13 PM
Author:  PayingFool Number:  20104 of 26116

Now, suppose you make the same $60000, but deposit $30000 in a tax-deferred 401k amount, then you withdraw that amount in the year 2030 when you're retired.

Ummm, how would you manage that? The maximum for pre-tax 401(k) contributions in 2006 is only $15000.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us