The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: TSP/401K Lump Sum Question Date:  2/11/2006  9:33 AM
Author:  irasmilo Number:  83815 of 123001

To my understanding, as of January 2006, the Government has removed all monthly contribution limits on the federal 401k or "Thrift Savings Plan." Apparently, my entire biweekly paycheck, up to an annual total of $15,000, can be deposited. There is also a provision allowing for lump sum deposits. If I understand correctly, I can either put in the monthly pretax contributions or do one or a number of lump sum deposits. If I were to choose the lump sum route, whi