The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Folly in 50 States and the World / Folly in Kentucky

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/living-inaround-louisville-23693033.aspx

Subject:  Living in/around Louisville Date:  2/12/2006  1:51 AM
Author:  dsemmler Number:  285 of 305

Hello Kentucky Fools, I just wanted to jump over here and see if I can get any feedback from current residents on their thoughts/feelings/experiences with regard to living in or near Louisville.

My DW has found the itch to move and she has been scouring the internet looking at properties for sale. Ideally, we would be looking for something with multiple acres of land and she has found a few that look promising in the vicinity of Louisville.

A quick search on Monster seems to indicate that there are a handful of jobs matching my skillset as a Documentum/Java programmer, so it is something that I would consider.

We have never really done more than pass-through Louisville, spending a night here and there on longer road trips. Therefore, I would appreciate any feedback that people can provide on the area and style/pace/quality of life in the area. For reference, we would be moving from the suburbs of Chicago.

Thanks,
dt
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us