The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Earned Income for Roth Date:  2/12/2006  6:52 PM
Author:  TurkeyBreath Number:  49909 of 88775

...I received a W-2 statement for the $5000. Is this bonus considered earned income? Am I eligible to contribute $4500 for a 2005 Roth and $5000 for a 2006 Roth? ...

Yes, but why not into a Traditional IRA and deduct 100% from income tax?

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us