The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-just-thought-i-would-add-my-two-cents-to-the-23765701.aspx

Subject:  Re: is H&R Block worth the money? Date:  2/27/2006  9:38 PM
Author:  Fletch52 Number:  84468 of 121479

I just thought I would add my two cents to the whole discussion. I have worked at H&R Block for four years and there is a good and bad side to everything. When you go to Block you want to select an experienced preparer. You won't have to pay more for this privilege. Don't let them give you a rookie. If your return is not complicated your software can handle it quite easily I would think.

Block specializes in doing the rapid refund during peak season for people who need cash quickly. These clients will always exist and if Block doesn't do their return, some other company will happily do so. Also some people establish a good relationship with their H&R Block preparer and come back to the same individual year after year. They happily pay for the peace of mind they receive knowing that everything is taken care of.

If you ever run into a problem in the summer, such as receiving a letter from the IRS, Block will have a permanent office open 12 months a year in your area. Also if you are doing your return online and have a question you can call your local office and get your question answered free of charge. I liked to answer phones and see what kind of questions people had. Sometimes it may be one or two questions that prevent you from completing your own return. This way you can get professional advice and save some money at the same time.

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us