The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Bonds & Fixed Income Investments

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/sorry-but-i-cant-resist-responding-to-this-23774398.aspx

Subject:  Re: “Superior” Savings, a Final Time Date:  3/1/2006  1:52 PM
Author:  torobravo2003 Number:  15611 of 35357

Sorry but I can't resist responding to this arrogant post.

I know nothing about Superior Bank or of your previous warnings of dire consequences of opening an account with this bank. But it appears from this post that you believed that Superior Bank was offering a teaser rate. Of course, I could be misinterpreting your post.

But statistics are statistics and you have woefully misrepresented them here. You say: "Superior Savings has now fallen to mid-pack status, which is what I predicted would happen.". Of the 35 banks you listed, 26 of these banks are below Superior Banks rate. That is hardly mid-pack. In fact, the top rate is a teaser rate at HSBC as part of their winter sale promotion (along with ING). As one who purchases a CD every month and has several money market accounts, a 4.5% rate is a damn good rate. Yes, some banks have higher rates but nevertheless, it is a highly competitive rate. As you would say, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know this.

But I am comforted by the fact that you have eulogized your wisdom and that you are content that we were all forewarned of your prophecy. We all feel safer now.

ToroBravo2003
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us