The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Bonds & Fixed Income Investments

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/any-particular-reasons-for-taking-these-forecasts-23775624.aspx

Subject:  Re: Financial Forecasts Date:  3/1/2006  5:18 PM
Author:  Lokicious Number:  15616 of 36405

Any particular reasons for taking these forecasts more seriously than all the others, including the ones that say the opposite? I really am most impressed by forecasters, especially the ones who keep spewing out montly predictions on employment who are usually predicting about twice the actual numbers or half, so I suppose it averages out.

Personally, I can't even guess what the next fixed-rate will be for I-bonds, or even the inflation component with 4 months of actual and 1 month of anecdotal data.

I did however get the last I-bond fixed rate right, unlike most others here (nya, nya, nya, nya, nya), so before we get this month's CPI-U data to throw a wrench into the works, I will go out on a limb and predict 1.8%.

Unlike the professional predictors I take full responsibility if I am wrong (just like when Bush and Cheney take full responsibility, there are no consequences, no amends to be made, and no need for self-reflection to learn what was done wrong in order not to repeat the same kind of mistakeā€”I love taking full responsibility).
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us