The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Education, Jobs & Professions / Clergy Fools


Subject:  Re: Hello Date:  3/22/2006  3:59 PM
Author:  Barolo97 Number:  8 of 26


What I am refering to is not housing allowance - something used to pay current expenses - but housing equity allowance. This allows me to invest money for a long period of time allowing me to build up cash in place of equity. When I am ready to purchase a home I can use this money - which has been accumulating in my pension fund - without paying taxes or penalties. The ELCA sends 20% to the IRS so that if it turns out I bought a new car or something the gov gets its money.


Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us