The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Convince me to put money into a ROTH Date:  3/28/2006  8:02 PM
Author:  buzman Number:  50770 of 88057

I thought that you could only contribute to an IRA if YOU have income greater than or equal to your contributions.


A. It has to be earned income.

B. It can be your wife's earned income. The total IRA contribution can not exceed your combined earned income.


Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us