The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-used-to-go-to-bed-about-900-or-1000-pm-when-i-23926051.aspx

Subject:  Re: sleeping in Date:  4/4/2006  2:06 AM
Author:  wcfenton Number:  10345 of 19372

I used to go to bed about 9:00 or 10:00 PM when I was still in the
Navy. When I retired, I swore that I would never use another alarm clock as long as I lived. Right! It didn't work that way being a person still has obligations that may well begin sometime in the morning. It was a good thought anyway!!

Anyway...I slowly, over the years since retiremnet, have been gettiing up a little later each year. From 5:30 to my current 7:30 has only taken roughly 15 years. Plus I don't feel guilty anymore.

My current problem is getting to sleep at night that I'm fighting. I go to bed tired, roll around for about an hour or hour and a half and then get up. I usually go on the computer for another hour or more before I can stagger back to bed and fall asleep. I got a prescription for Ambien from my Doctor that helps in the far end when I actually go to sleep, but I still get up for awhile like I did without the pill. Crazy! Anyone else have this type of problem?

Regards,
Bill

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us