The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-got-a-prescription-for-ambien-from-my-doctor-23926594.aspx

Subject:  Re: sleeping in Date:  4/4/2006  9:25 AM
Author:  theHedgehog Number:  10347 of 19483

I got a prescription for Ambien from my Doctor that helps in the far end when I actually go to sleep, but I still get up for awhile like I did without the pill. Crazy! Anyone else have this type of problem?

Hi Bill,

Yes. My sleep is totally broken. Are you taking any painkillers? I have been on tramadol for years, and that was waking me up, so years ago they put me on ambien. Right now, I'm trying to get off of ambien. It's very difficult. Ambien is addictive, and some people have problems. Doctor has switched me to Rezorem. I'm taking that with a decreasing dosage of ambien. Currently I'm down to about 2mg of ambien, and hoping to switch to 1mg real soon.

At the moment, I'm going through the ups and downs like you describe. Some nights I can go to sleep. Others I just get up and watch a movie on the couch till I can go to sleep. I wake up multiple times a night, even with the ambien. So, when I fall asleep on the couch like this, then the first time I wake up, I go back to bed.

Email me if I can help you further. Or perhaps post to the disabilities board.

Hedge
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us