The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Computers, Phones & Internet / Apple User's Group

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thanks-all-gordon-just-pretends-to-be-from-23971292.aspx

Subject:  Re: Local DSL vs Comcast Cable Date:  4/13/2006  9:38 PM
Author:  Lokicious Number:  32604 of 64755

Thanks all (Gordon just pretends to be from Atlanta: I happen to know he is really from Flint, Michigan).

I went back to the DSL provider web site, and I think I may be misreading (it is a very bad website). The option they are promoting seems to be some kind of direct line to the house, which after an initial deal, is more expensive than Comcast. I suspect, somewhere in the fine print, if I actually fill out the form, there is a cheaper option via existing phone line, as long as I'm close to campus (like 2 minute jog). They just don't bother to tell you on the web site (and you have to read carefully to realize the initial deal on the other is going to go away in 6 months and be replaced by something more expensive than Cable.) If there is a simple DSL that is half the cost of Comcast, I think it's a no brainer. Guess I'll call Bangalore and find out in the morning.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us