The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Arts, Travel & Entertainment / Movies Movies Movies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-loved-the-silent-hill-games-for-the-playstation-23996902.aspx

Subject:  Re: Silent Hill Date:  4/20/2006  10:22 AM
Author:  Marxtacy Number:  349 of 365

I loved the Silent Hill games for the Playstation. "Creepy" is not enough to describe the experience. It sounds silly, but the game was actually disturbing. It isn't just shock, either. It is an emotional experience. The creators pulled off a distinct and unique feel.

From the previews, it looks like the filmmakers might have captured the essence of the game. If they have, it has a shot at being pretty good. The source material has plenty of material that they should be able to stay clear of standard horror film cliches. It'll be interesting to see how many punches they have to pull. I can't imagine them having the leading actress beat a flesh-hungry zombie infant with a pipe.

My wife watched me play the games because she likes the puzzle-solving, but her nerves couldn't handle the rest of the game. It freaked her out so much that she doesn't want to see the movie. I'm curious to see it just because I liked the game.

Marxtacy
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us