The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quoti-hope-it-doesnt-quotget-religionquot-24014318.aspx

Subject:  Re: The myth of the $1 million retirement Date:  4/24/2006  8:43 PM
Author:  Matt1344 Number:  51375 of 75383

"I hope it doesn't "get religion" and start excluding atheists like me. My religion or lack of shouldn't be an issue on an investing board."

Hi Hedge,

I don't think you have been excluded from any participation here. You also have been on my Favorite Fools list for some time. I make some statements and reflect on them from the viewpoint of my beliefs so folks can see where I'm coming from.

You are certainly free to speak your mind. Am I also free to speak mine? I do not ask you to change your beliefs. And if I am not free to give a context for my views then I will restrict any further participation so as not to offend anyone.

God bless one and all,

Fare Thee well, Ken

"Luke 7:22-24 (New American Standard Bible)

And He answered and said to them, "Go and report to John what you have seen and heard: the BLIND RECEIVE SIGHT, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, the (POOR HAVE THE GOSPEL PREACHED TO THEM.

"Blessed is he who does not take offense at Me." "
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us