The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/youre-talking-here-like-the-system-is-stacked-24028415.aspx

Subject:  Re: Capital One Never Stops Date:  4/27/2006  3:27 PM
Author:  Shirtless1 Number:  226788 of 308858

You're talking here like the system is stacked against you. But actually, the system is stacked against the debt collector.

An excellent reply. You are correct. I am a bit defeatist about it. But not just because I don't want to try. I did send that letter to the collection agency registered mail, a year ago, and nothing happened. So what next? They're in LA. I'm in Wisconsin. Even if BY LAW they must reply, if they don't there's nothing I can do.

Perhaps you're right though and I'm condemning the system before I've tried everything. I am now waiting on the results of credit bureau disputes. But I do feel like it the clerk at the credit bureau just arbitrarily says "it's legit" I'm stuck.

I guess I'd feel better if I could stand in front of her and with all my oratory prowess make my case so she can then look at me with appropriate awe and inform me of the gross injustice done to me by the evil emperor... ok I guess I'm getting carried away now.

Shirtless1
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us