The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-had-my-appendix-out-when-i-was-10-i-thought-it-24052457.aspx

Subject:  Re: The myth of the $1 million retirement Date:  5/2/2006  10:44 PM
Author:  FCorelli Number:  51530 of 74759

I had my appendix out when I was 10. I thought it was fun. But of course at that age I didn't think for a minute I was gonna die. I did miss 2 weeks of school though. Wished I had 2 "appendixes".

last friday my 82 year old father took me his 50 year old son to the emergency room of our local hospital.
at 7:30 p.m that night a surgical team was starting to remove my appendix. it was the size of the doctor's fist when it was removed. i was very lucky, it didn't rupture. i could have died that night if it ruptured.
in the same E.R. i was in a 52 year old minister (he used to be a golf club professional) died from complication of diabetes. while the dream team was keeping me alive another man was dying. his funeral will be in the high school gym.
when planning for retirement and how much you need, please also plan for not getting to retirement.
the last 4 days have been very humbling for me!
fred

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us