The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Stocks that Interest You

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/dell-target-24054531.aspx

Subject:  Dell & Target Date:  5/3/2006  12:20 PM
Author:  scottsicle Number:  14 of 18

I've just finished Peter Lynch's classic, "One Up on Wall Street" (one of the books on Tom Gardner's basic reading list). Lynch suggests beginning stock research with companies you already know and like.

I recently bought three Dell computers for my business. The computers and peripherals are excellent, and the service from Dell is outstanding. One of the computers had a problem, and someone was out to fix it right away.

I also shopped at Target recently. It's amazing to me that a low-end store like Target has teamed with top designers to bring real "style" to inexpensive clothing and home furnishings. I'm really impressed.

Now to start researching these companies. Has anyone analyzed Dell or Target?

I imagine that Dell, at least, is trading at somewhat of a discount after a mediocre earnings report.

Disclosure: I don't own stock in Dell or Target. Most of my stocks are Stock Adviser or Hidden Gems picks, supplemented with a healthy investment in a German market stock index (EWG).
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us