The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/holidays-24162044.aspx

Subject:  Holidays Date:  5/29/2006  7:15 PM
Author:  cliff666 Number:  10617 of 19257

Today is Memorial Day. While I have nothing against honoring our fallen warriors, holidays in general have become a nuisance. To wit: We like to walk at the Ocean Front area at the tip of Palos Verdes Peninsula. Today we couldn't park at our usual place because there were so many others there. Normally only one or two places will be taken, leaving a dozen or so. So we had to park down the street.

I noticed a tire was low, so I drove around, trying to get it repaired. No luck. The repair places were all closed. So I got a fresh charge of air (to 35 psi - it was less than 10), and I will get it repaired tomorrow. And that's another thing. The stations all have machines which want 50ยข for air. What ever happened to free air?

Do other new (or not-so-new) retirees find holidays are a nuisance? I brag to my clarinet instructor that, to me, all days are the same, but I prefer not to have Friday evening lessons, as we like to go to a restaurant on Fridays. Maybe I should rethink Fridays. Whay not go out on Thursday?

I must be getting to be an old grouch, if this is all I have to complain about.

cliff
... grumpy today
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us