The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Penalty for Payment sent with return on 4/17 Date:  6/19/2006  1:04 PM
Author:  gurdison Number:  87466 of 127611

<I called, and tell them I sent the payment in on the correct date, with my return.>

Just have your stamped certified mail receipt ready to produce. That simple step immediately switches the burden of proof from you to the IRS.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us