The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Fool Community Help Desk / Improve the Fool

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/by-quotcleaning-out-my-internet-cachequot--24250613.aspx

Subject:  Re: Improve the Fool FAQ Date:  6/20/2006  3:54 PM
Author:  NoIDAtAll Number:  70671 of 92039

By "cleaning out my Internet cache" , do you mean deleting Internet temporary files and cookies via "Tools >Internet Options " ?

Mostly files (including offline content when asked.) If you clean out cookies, you'll have to logon to every site that uses cookies to store your user info. If you have a broadband connection, I'd also click on the Settings button in the Temporary Internet Files section and change the settings there to check for a newer version of stored pages on every visit to the page and set the amount of disk space to use for same to 1 MB, the lowest setting possible. In the History section, I usually set number of days to keep pages in history to 0. Also and under the Advanced button, in the Security section, put a check mark in Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser closes.

And what are the computer/user implications of using a different browser?

You shouldn't have any problems using either of these browsers, though there are some plugins and extensions you may wish to add for more functionality. You can still use IE any time you want and neither of the browsers should affect your computer.

The HWTSC board can help you with any problems you may cross and you might want to post further questions you may have there. It's probably a better forum for further discussion of these particular matters than the Improve the Fool board.

Regards,
Bob
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us