The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Self employment tax Date:  6/23/2006  4:06 PM
Author:  Renegadecj Number:  87541 of 127613

Wow...thanks everyone. My brother isn't an accountant, but he uses one. I think he just used the term 1099 generically. I think you are right, he plans on issuing a W-2. So really it would make sense for him to "reimburse her" for her raw costs...and anything about that (if there is any) would be on the W-2. I'm sure he is looking for the child care credit, but I definitely don't want to pay taxes on the raw costs. I'll take all this info...and figure out what to do!

You all are awesome!
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us