The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: House transfer: Father to Sons Date:  7/1/2006  11:30 PM
Author:  JAFO31 Number:  87641 of 127753

Hypnosis: "How come no one brought up the IRREVOCABLE Living Trust as a possibility?"

I cannot speak for everyone, but yo usage is out of the ordinary.

"A living trust may be amended or revoked by the person creating it (commonly known as a "trustor," "grantor" or "settlor"), at any time during the trustor's lifetime, as long as the trustor is competent."

In addition, creating an irrevocable trust does not avoid the lookback period.

Third, an irrevocable trust would limit the father's option.

What do you think an irrevocable "living trust" would accomplish?

Just my $0.02. Regards, JAFO
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us