The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/your-mind-reading-ability-is-slipping-not-24301465.aspx

Subject:  Re: The Cost Basis Crisis Date:  7/3/2006  10:00 PM
Author:  bacon Number:  87666 of 121182

Your mind-reading ability is slipping.
Not really--it never was very good. I flunked mind-reading my freshman year, and no re-takes were allowed....

And what do you mean "keep the IRS from intruding too far?" They have the right, and in some cases, like this, the duty - to audit a return.
Actually, what I said was "keep the government from intruding too far." That's a quibble. What I meant was that these TCMP audits, as proposed by another poster earlier, are such intrusions--they go too far. My reasons for thinking so have been stated already; I won't go into them again, here. We've probably spent enough time on this thread, anyway....

A couple of questions, though, if the answers won't violate your confidentiality requirements: what was your purpose in inviting an audit, and did that get screwed up when the IRS gave you the no-change letter without further argument?

Eric Hines
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us