The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Is this advice legit Date:  7/5/2006  12:36 AM
Author:  wrjohnston91283 Number:  87690 of 127549

I would not bother to "camp out" just go into his office and demand you materials. They are yours. Don't worry when he tells you he has started or planed on doing it this afternoon -- just get your stuff. If you are in trouble let your new accountant deal with it.


I agree. He also cannot refuse to give you any material that is yours (such as W-2's, 1099's and such) if you decide not to pay him. He can however withhold the tax return he has prepared, as that was his work, even if it was done wrong. It sounds like you have already filed an extension and any penalties/interest will have to be paid regardless.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us