The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Self employment tax Date:  7/10/2006  2:34 PM
Author:  TMFPMarti Number:  87737 of 127542

Aren't you also supposed to write out a 1099 when you personally pay a contractor, or you personally forgive someone a loan?

No. The reporting requirements are in the instructions for the 1099 series.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us