The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/they-may-not-have-individual-stocks-to-sell-but-24417245.aspx

Subject:  Re: Don't worry about boomers killing the market Date:  8/2/2006  10:33 AM
Author:  ResNullius Number:  52905 of 75539

They may not have individual stocks to sell but they most definately have "assets" to sell; whether that is in a 401K, and 403B, or a pension.

I've been a Boomer since 1950, although I don't think they were called Boomers until a little later. Many of the Boomers I worked and/or socialized with over the years have tons and tons of debt. They live in huge houses, have huge vacation homes, take hugely expensive vacations, send their kids to hugely expensive schools, belong to hugely expensive clubs, and live far beyond their actual means. I think most of my former partners, business associates, and buddies plan to work until they drop dead, at which time their family will inherit loads of debt and lots of insurance. Madness, plain and simple.

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us