The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Bonds & Fixed Income Investments

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hi-wendy-first-of-all-i-want-to-say-that-ive-24448651.aspx

Subject:  Re: Implications of Fed pause Date:  8/9/2006  7:00 PM
Author:  amuseing Number:  17782 of 35400

Hi Wendy,

First of all I want to say that I've always enjoyed the time, consideration and energy you put into your posts. I don't post very often so I'm just taking this opportunity to give praise where praise is due. Keep up the good work!

As to your questions. I just listened to a Citibank sponsored conference call with
George Freelander about the bond market. One piece of info that was new for me is that since 1980 inflation has been a lagging indicator...in other words inflation has tended to peak after the tightening cycle has ended. Maybe everyone else has know this but it was brand new for me........Something to consider with TIPS.

My personal style has always been individual bonds/CD's/ Treasuries rather than funds. I have recently been buying short durations...1 to 2 years but am now looking at 8-10 years out.

V.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us