The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/let-me-help-out-my-self-proclaimed-fools-and-ones-24453651.aspx

Subject:  Re: Don't worry about boomers killing the market Date:  8/10/2006  5:54 PM
Author:  Penchant Number:  53069 of 75335

Let me help out my self proclaimed Fools and ones who may need it as a proclamation for chiding purposes from the sidelines.
When Ralph Nader was in St Petersburg (seeing it was tme for a change....Duh Doo(I always wanted to include that somewhere.)) he spoke of Social Security and it's risk management by the Board of Governors.
Those who control that institution are about as conservative as, say, um Harding or Coolidge. They predicated the disaster of 2032, when SS would actually insist on drawing down the on the forced Government loans, on a Gross Product growth of 2.5%.
This has been exceeded every year since the prediction and for several decades before
So to you of the knee-jerk right, shut up about this. Go complain about something that doesn't work, like endless war mongering.
The fact is the SS Trust Fund is only as good as the idiots who are wasting my tax dollars or trying to hand them to the super-elite. If they actually serve out the obligations that they have acquired then we should be fine well into an unknowable age, the later part of this new century.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us