The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks P / Pacific Ethanol

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/ykes-youre-right-im-not-ususally-overly-24627337.aspx

Subject:  Re: Pacific Ethanol, Nothing Behind It Date:  9/25/2006  10:12 PM
Author:  dheatguy Number:  74 of 86

Ykes,

You're right. I'm not ususally overly concerned about most inside sales, but this is quite a story. While I support entrepreneurs 'cashing in', PEIX is still a baby company -- with no real accomplishment yet. If the future is bright, why would there be so much selling? (Much is not 'planned' -- but open market sales.) I'm wondering what director Jones did to be awarded a nifty 2.5MM shares!??? Interesting that he has been steadily selling since the top last spring. This does not look good.

While we all know that alternative energy is in the dumper right now, the story of Ethanol still is promising. Oil is going through a extremely lucky spell that will not last. The middle east has too much vested interest in selling at prices > $60 -- they will not let the market tank. One major disruption and oil goes back up -- pulling alternatives with it. I can't believe that Bill Gates was being altruistic with his investment -- this was not made in his charity.

Prosperous Investing...
Don
Copyright 1996-2017 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us