The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

CAPS / CAPS Feedback

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/david-i-am-not-sure-which-service-you-signed-up-24632189.aspx

Subject:  Re: Fools drifted off course into scams Date:  9/26/2006  11:02 PM
Author:  MKArch Number:  2872 of 8074

David,

I am not sure which service you signed up for and what you think you're not getting but I signed up for hidden gems thinking I was going to get two well thought out investment ideas for small cap stocks each month. What I got instead was the two well thought out ideas plus a message board system that allows for some interesting and often quite enlightening discussion of the recommendations that I have found almost as valuable as the recommendations themselves and as far as I can tell is unique in the investment letter community. Particularly being able to ask tough questions to Tom and Bill and quite often getting responses.

Also having experts in the fields of some of the recommendations as subscribers participating on the message boards such as platoish on the FORM board or Doodlebugger2000 on the OYOG board is extremely helpful. I agree with one of your criticisms of the caps game that I am not likely going to put a lot of faith in what the overall communities ratings are on a particular stock. But I have come to have a lot of respect for Bill Manns methodology and I think just getting a peak at what Bill likes or does not like outside of the constraints of hidden gems is an added bonus. I'm not likely to take an interest in what the weighted average opinion of the caps community is on a particular stock but I plan to rummage through the top players for ideas for my real portfolio. Besides to my knowledge the caps game is not costing subscribers anything and no one is being forced to play.

Mike
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us