The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Family Life / Stay-at-Home Moms and Dads

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thanks-book-i-appreciate-the-insight-i-think-24720363.aspx

Subject:  Re: Transitions Date:  10/19/2006  7:25 PM
Author:  MoneyPenny06 Number:  966 of 974

Thanks book :)

I appreciate the insight. I think that's the part I was worried about: cold turkey.

I've pretty much decided that I won't do anything over the late spring and summer - just get caught up on life, taking care of overdue things and of course spending more time with the girl. I think that beginning next fall, when she starts school again, I will look for something to do part time. I may volunteer at her school too. It's a small school, no PTA, etc - so they are grateful just to have folks show up and lend a hand. I am toying with the idea of going back to school to train for a new career.

We are very close also and I know I am going to miss her bunches when she goes off to college.

For better or worse, parenting has been as much of a job for me as my for-pay job and by that I mean, I have put the same energy and time into both, which I think explains our close relationship despite my working out of the home. That said......it has left little time for me or my marriage and my health, hobbies, etc.

So while I do want to spend more time with her...I also hope to catch up on these other areas.

You know how the grass always looks greener on the other side? I just hope it truly is greener :) I think working has been a part of my identity for a long time.

MP

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us