The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

CAPS / CAPS Feedback

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hi-david-great-post-by-the-way-but-i-have-to-24734634.aspx

Subject:  Re: 14 Ways to Use CAPS... and counting. Date:  10/24/2006  6:00 AM
Author:  wax Number:  3707 of 8104

Hi David;

Great post by the way. But I have to ask, and please keep in mind that I mean no disrespect to you or to Fooldom, but, is CAPS going to eventually become "for pay"?

I used to hang out on the Foolish Collective board and when Fooldom moved to newsletters, and I understand the reason why that was done, one of the things that was done was the creation of a "private" discussion board set up just for subscribers of a particular Foolish newsletter.

I complained that eventually there wouldn't be much left of the Foolish Collective board because it would simply become the Inside Value board. To some extent, that's what happened.

I did subscribe to Inside Value, and cancelled my subscription the same day, finding that I'm not your target market for Inside Value.

Back to CAPS. Is what happened with the newsletters going to happen to CAPS?

Fooldom has invested a lot of time, effort, and money in setting up CAPS, (and it shows by the way) but if the newsletters are any indication, all of this wasn't done without some hope of a return on investment.

The reason for my question is simple. CAPS is fun, but it isn't so much fun that I personally would be willing to pay for it. So if it's going to become something I have to pay for, in addition to the $29.95 cover charge, then I would appreciate knowing that...up front so to speak.

Wax
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us