The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks L / Laboratory Corp. of Amer.

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thanks-for-the-feed-back-ken-i-did-take-my-24800391.aspx

Subject:  Re: United Health Contract Date:  11/8/2006  4:33 PM
Author:  Avunculus100 Number:  92 of 103

Thanks for the feed back, Ken.

I did take my position off, with gritted teeth. It's been such a sweet ride, but I just felt I had to call it in.

The reason I'm wary of 20% pull backs is that, that's what I see a lot of on many good quality stocks on even a slight miss.

It's basically a probability call, which I hope doesn't happen, although I sure would like to get back in at such a bargain price.

I think your approach is another good probability call. I got taken down by a bunch of guys on another board for recommending trailing stops to one of them. They maintain that markets go right thru stops on a sell off, and stops get you out just at the time you should be doubling up. I don't buy that argument, because it depends on what triggered the sell off, and you can't predict that ahead of time.

So we'll just have to wait and see. Even if LH goes straight up from here, I won't begrudge you your bet. Or regret mine too much. I've got a nice slice of profit to reinvest.

Cheers and good luck.

Bob M.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us