The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: 401k problem Date:  11/29/2006  2:16 PM
Author:  Fuskie Number:  54549 of 88761

I want to contribute the maximum to my 401k for this year. I have some money already deducted from each paycheck, but I want to make a one time payment to bring me up to the maximum for 2006. I called my company's 401k provider and they said this is not allowed. Is this true? do I have any other options?

The only thing you can do is increase the % of your paycheck before the end of the year. You will need to know how long it will take for the change to take effect and should increase the contribution rate based on how much money you want to add over the remaining pay periods.

Who agrees it is true you can not make a lump sum year-end contribution...
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us