The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: 401k problem Date:  11/30/2006  1:09 AM
Author:  MarinBMWZ4 Number:  54561 of 87981

i looked at Roth IRA a while back, but I was above the income limits, unless they've increased recently. I will have to check again.

If you are above the income limits for a Roth IRA, you may want to double-check your 401k contribution limits. If you are a highly compensated employee, you may be prevented from contributing the full amount to your 401k anyway due to a lack of participation by lower income employees.

Who thinks if this was the case you would have received a letter, however...
Like I got this last March 15 (the last day they had to send it to me), along with a check for close to $6500 (almost 50% of my 401k withholdings! for the year!).

Those funds went into my taxable investment account....That';s another story....

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us