The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Relationships / Single Fools

Subject:  Re: Whafa's CraigsList Brain Dump for Erik Date:  11/30/2006  1:12 PM
Author:  sofaking6 Number:  29562 of 32852

How often do you invite a man out to dinner, your treat? Women want the man to invite you out, and offer to pay for the dinner. In all the dating you have ever done, which I assume is a lot, how many times have you invited out a man in whom you had a romantic interest, and paid for the dinner? What percentage of times do you think it happens with respect to the general population of women

I don't generally invite men out for dinner, I'm usually the invitee. But unless I know I like someone I always insist on going Dutch. I sort of feel like if a man buys me dinner then he's buying a part of me, or something. I don't like it. I buy dinner for my boyfriend all the time, it just depends who has cash when we go out.

My female friends have always been professionals. I know very few who insist on having dates paid for even if they're the ones asked. But, to be fair, I don't know too many women who do the asking a lot.

. My point is that you females should admit that it is your choice, only your choice, you know full well it is your choice, and you women constantly use that prerogative to your advantage in the battle of the sexes. But you also pretend it is NOT your choice, when it suits you. When you get drunk and screw, and do the walk of shame the next morning, is that ever the woman's fault? No, it's always the man's fault. The man got the woman drunk. The man seduced the woman.

You're really projecting here. Women are cap