The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Relationships / Single Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/how-often-do-you-invite-a-man-out-to-dinner-your-24877468.aspx

Subject:  Re: Whafa's CraigsList Brain Dump for Erik Date:  11/30/2006  1:12 PM
Author:  sofaking6 Number:  29562 of 32850

How often do you invite a man out to dinner, your treat? Women want the man to invite you out, and offer to pay for the dinner. In all the dating you have ever done, which I assume is a lot, how many times have you invited out a man in whom you had a romantic interest, and paid for the dinner? What percentage of times do you think it happens with respect to the general population of women

I don't generally invite men out for dinner, I'm usually the invitee. But unless I know I like someone I always insist on going Dutch. I sort of feel like if a man buys me dinner then he's buying a part of me, or something. I don't like it. I buy dinner for my boyfriend all the time, it just depends who has cash when we go out.

My female friends have always been professionals. I know very few who insist on having dates paid for even if they're the ones asked. But, to be fair, I don't know too many women who do the asking a lot.

. My point is that you females should admit that it is your choice, only your choice, you know full well it is your choice, and you women constantly use that prerogative to your advantage in the battle of the sexes. But you also pretend it is NOT your choice, when it suits you. When you get drunk and screw, and do the walk of shame the next morning, is that ever the woman's fault? No, it's always the man's fault. The man got the woman drunk. The man seduced the woman.

You're really projecting here. Women are capable of owning up to their own mistakes. Back in the day I did the walk of shame plenty, and never blamed the man. Also, you jump from being on a date to having drunken casual sex as it it's an inevitable outcome...maybe you should work on keeping your dates sober and see how that goes?

Are women illogical? Totally. All the time. Name a single woman that you know who is at all logical, particularly when it comes to relationships. [Men are usually much more logical than women. Overtly logical men are "nerds" and don't do well with women, comparatively speaking, because women don't like logic.]

I think I'm a very logical person, when it comes to things that logic can solve. Show me some mathematical equations that work in relationships and I'll admit that logic plays a part.

Admit that you are irritated that I am not agreeing with you, that your reputation of being "sofaking 6" does not matter to me, only the quality of your ideas and thoughts. You're upset because you're playing a game and I'm not playing your game.

Thinking that you're a misogynist is not a game. I don't understand why you think it is?

If the woman is attracted to the man, she will overlook all flaws, however obvious. Because she is illogical.

Ah, so what you're saying is, it's LOGICAL to like someone for their personality but ILLOGICAL to like someone for their appearance. I really don't think the word "logic" means what you think it means.

You are being confronted with a man who is being totally honest with you, and you don't like it one bit, do you? That's because you are used to game-playing and dishonesty in your relationships with men. Your internet persona is somewhat flirtatious and you are accustomed to getting a positive response to that persona.

I'd suggest you ask the people I date whether I'm a player or a dishonest person, except that you seem kind of, well, scary so I won't suggest that. I also do not think you're being honest, and if you truly think that you are being honest then you're in denial. You're only angry.

You are shocked when a man criticizes your viewpoint. The flirtiness isn't working. Men aren't supposed to do that. I disagree with you, therefore, I must hate all women. Gee, that's very logical. How does the premise that I disagree with you, or anyone else for that matter, lead to the conclusion that I hate all women?

I'm not shocked when a man criticized my viewpoint. It happens all the time. You haven't disagreed with me at all, actually. You have only spewed. You have not argued a point with anyone, you have only made broad statements about the failures of women to live up to your expectations. Your disagreement with people, or lack thereof, has nothing to do with the conclusions drawn about your feelings towards women. Your statements and attitude are clear.

My own "game" is simple: what do you really want? Tell me the truth, otherwise, why are you wasting everyone's time?

I want to be rich, and I want to kill all the lobbyists. What do you want?

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us