The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Where to hold GNMA fund Date:  12/16/2006  10:42 AM
Author:  JAFO31 Number:  90025 of 127970

Crosenfield: "When you take money out of your IRA at retirement time, if it is a Roth it won't be taxed, if traditional will be taxed as ordinary income no matter what was the source of the money."

I dislike disagreeing with Chris, but a traditional IRA can have basis, in which case only a portion of the withdrawal may be taxable.

Regards, JAFO

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us